Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Inspiration from the other city...

As Sydney wasn't playing very nice in all it's buzzing glory, I decided to have a holiday to good ol' Melbourne town. Everyone didn't think it was such a good idea to splurge on a holiday seeing that I wasn't really earning money, but I did. The traveller in me have always thought that it's essential to get away from the normal life every now and again just to gain a fresh new perspective. And so I went, one solid week and Melbourne has worked it's charms.

Alley ways and more alley ways of interesting art, glorious hole in a wall cafes with absolutely beautiful coffees and amazing food and inspirational design aesthetics from Degraves lave to Bourke st mall to Hardware lane just transports you to another world. It's exactly the kind of fresh air that I needed. It was incredibly good for the soul.





















In my usual city exploring, I was mentally going through a journey as well... looking at different ways to achieve my dreams and my goals and to rise above the deep end of the pool. And as I walked through the Victorian inspired architectures of their galleries I stumbled upon an interesting sight that is, Koko Black. I ventured in to find a very french designed interior filled with damask feature walls and chefs moulding and demoulding chocolates by the window and warm smiles from the hosts. It was as if I had found my calling.

Chocolatier sprung to mind.


It was also in Koko Black that I found myself entranced in the most beautiful piece of choux that I have ever had in my life. 


A chocolate choux pastry filled with vanilla bean creme patissier and raspberry coulis.


And as soon as I got back from Sydney, I couldn't help but recreate the wonderful pastry myself! 










No comments:

Post a Comment