Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Bittersweet Endings..

All good things come to an end... at least that's how the saying goes.

I had been working in David Jones for a good three years or so this year and I can definitely say that it has been one of the formative years of my life. It is there that I was continually exposed to food and reaffirmed my love for fine things. It is there that I had met my closest friends that have continually made an impact in my life. It is the place where I found myself and gained confidence in myself and I owe a lot to it because I wouldn't be where I am now if it wasn't for that. But it's also a place where you could get easily comfortable in and stuck. 

As a budding pâtissier, comfortable and stuck are words that couldn't ever be in my vocabulary. I'm continually in a pursuit of a challenge to make myself better and continually wanting to expand my horizons. Essentially, I am a dreamer - dreaming of the almost impossible and big, big aspirations. It was increasingly frustrating for me to think that my life was going nowhere and a friend's advice made it even more concrete that life will turn out once I leave. Somewhere along the way .. I just had to jump. 


                            

So as to bid you farewell. 

French Earl Grey and Lavender Macarons 



No comments:

Post a Comment