Pages

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Metaphysics in Chocolate.

The past few months have been the craziest and busiest months of my life. While everyone was recovering and getting back to the grind from the festive season, work was cracking the whip all through Valentine's Day and Easter. After the crazy season subsided, I found myself sitting with a friend of mine discussing life. Mostly over the fact that we are all so busy nowadays that we just accept and tolerate things because we start to believe that it is just a part of life.

And I agree. Life IS hard; juggling interpersonal relationships, family, work, love and taking care of yourself is really tricky especially when you try to keep things on a balance. You just can't make everyone happy and a lot of times there are so many sacrifices that you have to make in order to make things work. You know how the saying goes "Some things got to give"?  Well, they really do and the people who really want to be part of your life - they tend to stay. 

Anyway as the conversation went on, one thing that really struck me in our conversation was when he stated that "I guess that's just how work is, no one is ever really happy with work and I haven't met one person who can honestly say they love their job". 

But the thing is, I do. I love my job with all of our ups and downs and frustrations and the demands and sacrifices I have to make. Chocolates taught me a new outlook in life  and just like Fernando Pessoa said, "There's no metaphysics in earth like chocolates". But then again I guess if you make stuff like these for a living, you'd love your job too.













No comments:

Post a Comment